Our clients ask us, what are you doing about GDPR? And we are like, yes we are also trying to ride the bandwagon. Data privacy was always at the fore-front in the B2B space, and with the recent data breaches by top companies, it is all the more very important. With Europe, implementing strict GDPR from May 1, tele marketing ABM and content syndication companies like Demandwhiz, have been planning the GDPR strategy for quite some time now. We have been reading a lot on GDPR laws and clauses to come up with a company wide GDPR policy that will make sure we are generating only GDPR compliant leads for our clients.
Given that, there are so many clauses in GDPR that mandates the implementation at various levels, Demandwhiz has developed its own GDPR compliance policy that ride on the clause 6.1(f) of GDPR that says-
“processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.” (Reference: http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/article-6-lawfulness-of-processing-GDPR.htm)
Towards this, Demandwhiz has broadly implemented the following points:
- Using Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is a legal basis for cold calling for legitimate interests
- Clear data protection statement to be conveyed to the prospect, right the first time
- Clear introduction to convey the purpose of reaching out
- Clear message about the business purpose and reason for collecting business contact data
- Convey to prospect that their data will travel outside of EU in a country that has international recognition as having adequate data protection standards as defined by the EU
- Data retention policy statement that specifies the time limit that we will keep the data
- Right to access the data and rectification
- Clear communication about the prospects right to destroy the data with us
While these are some of the clauses that we are working to implement, there is a lot more to GDPR.
If you are interested to know more about Demandwhiz’s GDPR compliance policy, reach out to us at email@example.com.